Final Paper Submission
All authors who have been accepted must register for the conference and attend the conference to present their paper. Authors who do not attend the conference to present their papers, or arrange for a co-author or knowledgeable colleague to present their paper in the absence of the primary author, will not have their paper published in the IEEE IEL and IEEE Xplore, per IEEE policy.
IEEE reserves the right to exclude a submission from distribution after the conference, including exclusion from IEEE Xplore, if the submission does not meet IEEE standards for scope and/or quality. Articles excluded from further distribution shall be archived by IEEE but shall not be indexed or appear on IEEE Xplore.
Prepare the final version of the manuscript using the paper templates linked here
REMEMBER: the final version of a paper in the format given above CANNOT EXCEED 8 PAGES. NO EXCEPTION IS ALLOWED.
Final Manuscripts in the Case Study track are expected to be shorter, formal papers on real cases and practical achievements in the Industry. The manuscripts will be limited to 8 pages.
Final Manuscripts in the Application or Research track are formal research papers that address novel ideas, theoretical issues, technology, methodology, and applications. The manuscripts will also be limited to 8 pages.
Online registration is open. You MUST register before uploading your final paper. Papers will be included in the proceedings only if at least one author has registered and paid the registration fee by February 14, 2020. One full IEEE/INCOSE Member or Non-Member registration (student registrations do not apply for this) covers only one (1) paper. To guarantee more than one (1) paper in the proceedings, the author must pay a $50 USD surcharge for each paper in excess. If you need to register by bank transfer, please contact Shelby Lussier, the SysCon 2020 manager.
NO PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S COMPLETED REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT.
Final Manuscript Production
From the final manuscript formatted as instructed above, authors must generate the electronic version in PDF format. Regardless of its initial format, the file containing the final version of the paper must be transformed in the PDF format using the IEEE PDF eXpress webtool. PDF files generated by means of other tools are not acceptable.
To generate the IEEE Xplore compatible PDF file of your paper, follow these steps:
- Create your IEEE PDF eXpress account: http://www.pdf-express.org
- Use Conference ID: 47679X
- Upload the source file that contains your paper for conversion
- Receive by email the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF of your paper.
- Once you receive your Xplore-compatible PDF, log in at https://ieeesyscon2020.edas.info/
- Fill in and sign the IEEE Copyright Transfer form
- The IEEE is enforcing strict copyright rules. For your convenience, the copyright form is made available electronically through EDAS. To access the copyright form, click on the 'My Papers' tab and click on the copyright icon under the copyright column (second column from the right).
- NO PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED WITHOUT THE SUBMITTED COPYRIGHT FORM
Virtual Conference Instructions
The safety and well-being of all conference participants is our top priority. Please know that our thoughts are with all those affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. We apologize for any inconvenience the cancellation of the onsite program may have caused our participants.
The SYSCON 2020 Organizing Committee has decided to offer an online platform for accepted authors to upload recorded presentations. In order to be eligible, the following steps should already be completed:
1. Electronic Copyright via EDAS.
2. Final Manuscript submitted via EDAS.
3. Paid all necessary registration/publication fees (more information on pricing below).
In order to be published in the SYSCON 2020 Proceedings, and in IEEE Xplore, you must complete the three steps above as well as submit your 15-minute pre-recorded presentation by July 1st.
The registration rates have been adjusted to accommodate the move to an online platform.
Each registration will only cover up to one publication. Each additional paper will require a $100 additional paper fee.
PRESENTATION PREPARATION: A 15-minute pre-recorded presentation, as a voice-over PPT, should be created for each accepted paper. For information on how to create a voice-over presentation in Microsoft Office please visit: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/record-a-slide-show-with-narration-and-slide-timings-0b9502c6-5f6c-40ae-b1e7-e47d8741161c
1. Please begin the presentation with a brief self-introduction of the presenter/s (must be one of the authors).
2. Please save your presentation as an MP4 file and name the file your Paper Number.
3. Your final MP4 file may not exceed 100 MB.
*All pre-recorded presentations will be reviewed by the Session Chairs in order to guarantee relevant and high-quality content. If your presentation is not a strong reflection of the accepted Final Manuscript, or if the presenter is not one of the authors, the Chairs have the authority to reject the submission.
To upload, first log onto EDAS and click on your accepted paper. Under Final Manuscript, you will find the upload option “Virtual Presentation Upload”. Click the cloud icon and upload your final presentation by July 1st.
Please note that the final manuscripts must be uploaded prior to uploading the pre-recorded presentation.
Upload your file according to the following:
1. Choose File: Please upload using the “Choose File” button. Once the file name is listed, please click “Upload MP4 Video”.
**Please note that MP4 files may take a few minutes to successfully upload. We recommend using a strong internet connection when uploading and to be patient.
1. To upload, first log onto EDAS and click on your accepted paper.
2. Under Auxiliary Files, you will find the upload option “Speaker Headshot”.
3. Click the cloud icon and upload your final presentation by July 1st.
4. Please also update your bio under your EDAS profile.
Authors that do not wish to provide a pre-recorded presentation and don’t wish to keep their paper in the proceedings can withdraw from SYSCON 2020 and receive a Full Refund. If you are interested in withdrawing, please email [email protected] for further information.
IEEE Copyright Notice
If authors would like to post their papers electronically on any web site, any ftp site, or any other electronic dissemination technique, they must include the IEEE Copyright notice on the initial screen displaying the IEEE-copyrighted material.
IEEE Copyright Form
Each accepted contribution to SysCon 2020 must be accompanied by a signed Copyright Form. The copyright form should be filled out and signed by one author, preferably the primary author.